Nancy Furbee brings over twenty years of leadership experience to each of her client engagements. She has a well-rounded background in all facets of the human resources profession and uses her background to support her for-profit and not-for-profit clients with fresh ideas and creative solutions. Nancy’s corporate career gave her great experience in a variety of industries – including manufacturing, supply chain, insurance and software development. Her clients span the globe.
Nancy’s high energy and thoughtful nature provides her the ability to work with groups of any size and composition. She quickly establishes credibility and rapport with individuals during one-on-one coaching and with groups in team environments.
Using DiSC™ to give each team a common language, Nancy works to help each individual understand their own personality in a new light. Then, the participants have the opportunity look at the group culture of their team(s). And, as a final step to her DiSC™ 1.0 Workshop, Nancy helps the participants learn how to “read others” by using their new skill set to figure out how to temporarily adjust their own behavioral style to work better with others. Both career-changing and life-changing, Nancy’s programs receive rave reviews!
Nancy’s Professional Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management with a specialty in training and development
- Everything DISC ™ Personality Assessment Certification
- Compression Planning™ Double Certification
- Leadership Pittsburgh Graduate, Class of XXVII
- Fifty Distinguished Alumni Recognition, La Roche College, 2013
- Women’s Non-Profit CEO Leadership Forum Facilitator of Western Pennsylvania – Networking and Skill Building Group
Nancy’s Community Involvement:
- Leadership Pittsburgh
- Active member of the Pittsburgh Human Resources Association
- Venture Outdoors – Founding Board member, Nominating Committee Member and trip leader
- Bike Pittsburgh – Board member
- North Park Council of Friends – appointed by Allegheny County Council
- Wilderness First Aid certification – Wilderness Medicine Institute